Sunday, May 27, 2012

7 months!!

 I can't believe my baby is changing/growing so quickly!! Marc and I are continually amazed at how literally, overnight, Maree will learn a new trick.  This month Maree has had lots happen - 
  1. She got 2 teeth
  2. Despite having tubes, she still got a double ear infection
  3. She now does both kids of crawling - all 4's and army style
  4. She was doing a side pose instead of sitting, but just this past week she graduated to a full sit
  5. She started saying "dada" (trying not to be jealous of that one!!)

This is her workout push-up position
And when she's tired, this is her "sit" position - a little risqué!!
 
Look at that determination
Although the reflux has gotten TONS better, she does still get daddy pretty good sometimes!

I never knew I would have to change the diaper of a baby who refuses to stay on their back - even in sleep she flips herself over before I can even get one off or on!!
 I had to include this picture just because it amazes me she was ever this small - & look at all that dark hair! At month 3 it all fell out, and now it has all grown back in blonde!





Sad News

I've debated about putting this in the blog, but it has been on my mind so much that I'm putting it in.  Around the first of this month, I called my OB office to get a refill on my migraine medicine, only to learn that my OB, had died.  I have since learned that she committed suicide and left behind 3 boys under the age of 8.  I have had so many emotions, nightmares, thoughts ... about this. I can't imagine leaving my child(ren) for any sort of reason... I can't believe the woman who saw me every month, isn't here anymore... I can't believe the woman who literally pulled/gave life to my baby girl, is gone.  I'm hoping that writing about it will give me more peace - but I'm so sad for her, for her husband, for me and all her patients who have to find a new doctor to trust, and most of all, for her 3 children.
    Dr. Moorehead with Maree





2 comments:

  1. Can't believe she is crawling, sitting AND saying dada!! Don't worry, the 'mommas' will come:)

    And on a side note...I am still very sorry about your OB. Such tough stuff. You certainly get close to your OB when you have a baby. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of her little poses!! She is such a beautiful little baby girl. I am so sorry about your OB--I felt so close to my doctor & would feel the same way...such a terrible loss for her family. :(

    ReplyDelete