Thursday, March 7, 2013

First Trip to the Zoo!

Maree and her best friend Callie got to take their first trip to the zoo here recently.  I'm not positive they really understood the concept of looking into the cages to see the animals, but they still had fun running around.  

Pretty girl sitting in front of the monkey window
Made me nervous, but she loved to walk on the little ledges of windows!


Giant roaming bird that would follow the food trail the girls were leaving

The petting zoo portion was definitely a big hit!  Maree loves animals and enjoyed running to each goat.  In fact, she even got a little aggressive with her "petting" because I think she was trying to get a reaction out of them - I kept having to remind her to be gentle.  This was also our last stop of the day, because in-between dodging goat droppings, trying to keep her from putting her fingers in her mouth after petting a goat, and this pregnant mana trying to not get sick from the gross smell - we were both exhausted.

At the petting zoo 

Fine, if you don't want me to brush you, I will just follow you



All worn out - she fell asleep right away

1 comment:

  1. Love these pictures! THe outfit Maree is wearing is one of my favorite. It suits her personality. BUSY!! Interesting how much taller she is than her friend.

    What a pretty little girl!

    ReplyDelete