Saturday, December 27, 2014

Poortinga Family Christmas Eve

The Poortinga family Christmas took place in Arizona this year.  After 30 years of having Christmas in either Missouri or Iowa… this was quite the change.  At first I was pretty sad about not getting to go back home, not getting to see snow, not getting to see evergreen trees decorated etc.  BUT, I have never… and I mean never… had a Christmas where I didn't travel……. and it was pretty nice to be home. 

Marc's sister's family came and of course his parents, and my brother Matt got to join us all for Christmas Eve and Day!  Gayle and Michelle made amazing food both days, and while both meals took place at our house, it was so nice to not be in charge of everything.

Christmas Eve was also fun - it was great getting to go to our church's Christmas Eve service.  We then came home and the girls opened presents from Nana and Papa.  Thank goodness Matt was there, because the amount of trash we were able to send with him to deposit in his apartment dumpster was ridiculous!! 

The cousins were SO happy to see each other… poor Ellie was a little left out though
trying to get everyone to look 


Ellie had enough of pictures and decided to give me a memorable shot! 

Maree and Madline! 



Nana got Ellie a GIANT stuffed animal 
And Maree got a tool bench that she loves! 






No comments:

Post a Comment