Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Family Photos

Wow, was this an ORDEAL.  I can honestly say that I don't know if I've ever been a part of ANY family pictures that went smoothly... someone is usually upset, rushed, mismatched, annoyed, etc. WELL, this is the first time we've tried to do family pictures just the 3 of us.... I was thinking, hoping that with our small family, that these would go great - I was SO wrong!

Of course on the day that pictures were scheduled (at 3:30), Maree refused to nap.  She finally fell asleep at 2:50.. but only got to sleep about 20 min.... needless to say we had a very growly girl.  The photographer asked us to bring her blanket for some of her individual photos... and this also caused a meltdown - she uses this "blankie" at nap time.. and therefore, I think it reminded her of how tired she was so she'd just sit there and cry with her blanket.

After about 30 minutes of taking attempting family photos, I called it quits.  I felt like everyone was staring at us with that "control your kid" expression - but I wish I could have reminded them that at 1.. with no nap, that that is NOT always an easy feat!! Granted, I'm sure no one was as bothered by her crying quite as much as her mama.. who just wanted ONE good picture where we were all actually smiling.  Of course, this did not happen.  When I got to see the pictures.. she was looking scared, or shocked in most of the pictures.... but I was happy that she at least wasn't in full on meltdown mode with tears in the actual pictures!


This was her expression in most ALL of them
Her "I'm 10 seconds away from losing it" face




even a shoulder ride couldn't get a smile

So we ditched her & took one of ourselves

Luckily we tried one more, because this one turned out to be the "best" of the bunch -
notice she has her blanket in the picture... 

I'm SO DONE, let's go daddy


 I also tried pictures back when Miss Maree turned 1... (2 months ago) and not only did she NOT SMILE in any of those either... but she has changed so much looks wise in just that short time!!! Here are a few from that shoot!











Add caption

Cousins!!

1 comment:

  1. This cracked me up...totally been there! Even though she's not showing her sweet smile she still looks so cute!! I love her 1 yr pics--sooooo darling!

    ReplyDelete