Some things you are doing at 1--
- You love to repeat words and sounds here are some
- Bubble (this is your favorite)
- ball
- lala
- Nana
- No no
- Mama (and when we ask you to say Dada, you still say mama! - I secretly love this)
- Whoa
- You love to take my phone and immediately hold it to your ear.. and then you look at me and wait for me to say "Hello!"
- You want outside all the time. This is really hard b/c you can't walk yet, and when I let you crawl outside, you scuff up your knees/burn them on the cement…
- Speaking of walking, you are starting to get closer! You walk along furniture and even stand for a few seconds without holding onto anything… and you walk while pushing a rolling toy….but the look of terror you get on your face with the thought of someone letting go of you, makes you definitely not willing to take those first steps!!
- You love to crawl after Maree - she sometimes likes this and sometimes not.
- You absolutely love stuffed animals - your favorites were started by Katie Allen - the Jelly Cat animals with the corresponding book.. you can entertain yourself for quite while with these!
- You also LOVE books and aren't as interested in the TV (same as me!! and completely opposite of Maree)
- When Daddy comes home and calls out your name… the huge smile/dive/crawl to the door is the cutest thing ever
- You still don't like the carseat even though I moved you to facing forward… I hope someday you decide you can sit in it and not scream
We sure love you Ellie muffin - can't wait to see what this next year brings!!




Such a sweetheart. I feel very far away right now.....missing all these firsts.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo fun to read about Ellie turning one! I can just hear her saying “Whoaaaa!!!!” And I can just see the dive/crawl to Daddy!!!!! Thanks for sharing these little moments.
ReplyDelete