Halloween was a lot of fun this year because I decided to make the girls their costumes! For months leading up to Halloween, all Maree talked about was wanting to be a "mean witch." She would never say she wanted to be just a witch… it was always a mean witch. My guess is her favorite movie - Sleeping Beauty- is the reason behind this.
Miss Ellie wasn't showing any preference toward anything and I thought that a witch and a ghost sounded like they were in the same "spooky" category so I proceeded to make an outfit for her!
Once the actual day rolled around, I took Maree to school in her costume. Every time I spend a lot of time making something/doing something I always have this vision of how it will play out. Maree was going to walk into school, proudly strut this handmade costume and she was going to be all smiles all day. Instead, she walked into her room.. and kids came running at her to touch her outfit (maybe b/c she was the ONLY witch in the entire school lol) Anyway, I'm not sure if it overwhelmed her or what… but she went into meltdown mode.
That night we went to a friends house to trick or treat… this was the first year we got to do this and actually have Maree understand what she was doing. She loved singing "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat" (I left off the second half of this song when teaching it to her). Anyway, she would sing this song to people giving out candy and everyone thought it was the cutest thing. Miss Ellie stayed in the stroller… but wanted out so bad. When I let her out though, she would just run into people's houses!! The girls got lots of candy - everyone here is so generous - handing handfuls of candy out to people. The good news is that they neither one really like candy so they weren't even interested in eating it!
Here are some pictures.
| Tallest kid in class |







Oh Maree...she may have been a 'mean' witch...but she sure looked beautiful! And Ellie's costume was just as cute...I really wish we lived closer and could do craft days together!!!
ReplyDelete