Friday, February 27, 2015

Baltimore Trip

 Also at the end of February, I got to do something I've never done before… well a few somethings I've never done before actually! First, I got to go visit my best friend at her home in Baltimore… She's been there for 3 years I think, and I haven't had an opportunity to go see her… but what better reason than to go meet little Miss Evelyn?!!  Second, I've never even really been to the east coast, so getting to see Baltimore (even though it was freezing) was fun!  And lastly, I took my very first trip, by myself, away from the kids (and that was kind of nice too!)


This sweet face was there to greet me when I got there
That night, we walked to dinner. Yes, WALKED.  It might have been 20 degrees out.  BUT apparently this is the norm here - walking to places, because if you don't, you'll lose your parking spot!! I was just impressed the stroller navigated the snow so well! 
The next day, we went out to see a bit of the harbor… and the weather was slightly warmer - I think about 32  degrees.  (Can you tell I've turned into an Arizona wimp??!!)
Being a former English teacher I was pretty excited to see Edgar Allan Poe's grave… but of course, due to the snow, we were unable to walk the grounds.
I was so sad to leave… I miss Sara so much… and as it turns out, the weather agreed with me and added an extra day to my trip!! 
Add caption

I was so excited to see snow the morning that I left that I had to document it

But by the time I got on the airplane.. this snow had turned to freezing rain… we sat for 2 hours while they de-iced the plane… over and over

Of course this nice LONG line was all for those of us rebooking our flight
But the good news is that I got to spend another 24 hours with these two!! 

Finally got home to my family and that was pretty amazing too :)  The landscape/climate improved a little too!



x











No comments:

Post a Comment