Friday, May 6, 2016

Ellie's new room

It was finally time for Ellie to move to a big girl bed.  I LOVED having her in a crib… but thought we needed to get used to a bed before the baby came! I put Maree in a big girl bed at 18 months because we needed the crib for Ellie - so this meant I picked out/decorated all of Maree's room.  Ellie, being almost 3, had all kinds of opinions that I wasn't prepared for!  

She wanted:
A cinderella room
A SOFT blue blanket bedspread
Pink Pillows

For the next 3 weeks her room became my project and I had lots of fun planning it out.  I couldn't find a deep turquoise blanket, but did find a throw at Zgallerie.  I ended up buying 2 and having them sewn together!  I then found Cinderella artistic images (bc I'm not ready for cartoon decorations) and rather than buy frames.. I used foam board and glitter!




I fond this bulletin board at hobby lobby… but didn't like the cork board color… so I obv. glittered it!

Crafting/glitterizing picture frames to match the room colors

finished products






Finished Room
from the door






First Night
A queen bed fit everyone!

SOO excited

All her animals were still there

Pretending to sleep at 10 pm

Finally asleep!

Random pic… but this was why we had to establish a 3 book rule.. the girl wants to get every book she owns out! 

Some sleeping pictures of the princess








No comments:

Post a Comment